Thursday 4 February 2016

Designer Weekly Blog Project from Little Claire Designs

Good morning all, Gaynor here with the weekly stamping blog project from Little Claire Designs. After sitting down recently to write cards for forthcoming birthdays it quickly became apparent  that I need to make lots of male cards...

So revisiting techniques - everything in crafting comes around time and time again perhaps with a little twist: I decided to create a block shading background and use a silhouette image.  There is no matting and layering on this card!

As per the norm here is my step by step tutorial guide using images:




My circle template is waste - it previously contained circle sentiments!

 Coordinating pigment inks.


Template fixed using masking tape.




My little extras to add further interest and dimension on my one layer card.


On the completed card I have added a faux border using a ruler and a black micron pen. Unfortunately the glitter added is not showing up on my picture......I added ultra fine glitter to the water ripples - it does add dimension and catches the light.....

This card is so easy to complete - needless to say a little production line followed - more to share at a later time.  Hope I may have inspired a little and that you like my make.  Cheerio for now.  xxGaynor LCDT

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card Gaynor, such a quick yet effective design. I always struggle with Mens' cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingenious make...love it...clever use of sentiment waste, love your border and must try glitter on water...in fact at some point I am sure to CASE your card..truly fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Just love this card and thanks for showing us how you made it. The stamp is just fantastic.

    Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card! Such a cool idea, I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the tutorial. This is one very elegant card and the circles are so effective, I love it.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great project Gaynor, thanks for the tutorial, really useful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting card Gaynor !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, such a fun and unique design!

    ReplyDelete